Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Collection of Song Seung-hun 2 - Endless Love - Autumn in My Heart

The second TV series my collection of Song Seung-hun is "Autumn in My Heart".  This TV series is the first installment of the four part Endless Love drama series directed by Yoon Seok-Ho. Endless Love featured four parts, with each named after the seasons of the year. Each part of the series had its own plotlines, characters, and actors. The four parts of the 'series' are Autumn in My Heart (2000), Winter Sonata (2002), Summer Scent (2003) and Spring Waltz (2006).

Song Seung-hun is in 2 of the series in the Endless Love. They are the "Autumn in My Heart" and "Summer Scent". But now, I would like to introduce the "Autumn inn My Heart". This is the drama series from Year 2000. For me, this is a tragedy romance drama. It consists 16 episodes.

"Autumn in My Heart" is the story about the 2 siblings. Yoon Joon-suh and Yoon Eun-suh grew up as siblings but Eun-suh was in fact from a different family as there was a mixed up at the hospital where she was borned.The switch came to light when Eun-suh was involved in a car accident and it was discovered that her blood type was different from her parents. Eun-suh's life took a complete turn when the 2 girls were returned to their respective families. Soon after, the Yoon family left for the States and Eun-suh was left living in sordid condition with her real family in Korea. Years after, Joon-suh returned to Korea and by chance the two former siblings were reunited.


Title        : Autumn in My Heart / Endless Love 1 Autumn Tale / 가을동화 / Gaeul
                   Donghwa / 蓝色生死恋
Genre      : Romance, Drama, Tragedy
Episodes : 16
Story        :
The story begins with toddler, Yoon Joon-Seo accidentally causing the switch of his sister and another baby when he drops the name cards on the two babies cribs in the hospital baby room. A nurse who came in put them back incorrectly. The story then continues with the teenage years of the two main characters: Yoon Joon-Seo (Choi Woo Hyuk) and Yoon Eun-Seo (Moon Geun Young). They are the children of a rich professor and believe they are biologically brother and sister until Eun-Seo gets hit by a truck and needs a blood transfusion. At the beginning, Eun-Seo is very popular in school whereas her rival Choi Shin-Ae (Lee Ae Jung), is smart but does not get the attention she craves from the teacher and their classmates. Later, their situations are reversed when the switch is discovered.





After blood tests were carried out by the doctor on Mr. and Mrs. Yoon for Eun-Seo's transfusion, the Yoons find out that Eun-Seo belongs to Mrs. Choi, and Shin-Ae is the Yoon's biological daughter. At first, only the parents and brother knew about this, but eventually, Shin-Ae discovered the truth after she got into a fierce argument with her non-biological mother over a teddy bear she received from her biological father. Eun-Seo only discovered the truth after Shin-Ae wants her biological parents to take her in. In the end, the two daughters were returned to their rightful parents. Shin-Ae moves in with the Yoon family, and Eun-Seo goes to live with Mrs. Choi (her biological father is dead) who operates a small restaurant living in abject poverty.

Years went by, and in the duration, the Yoon family went to the United States, where Joon-Seo (Song Seung Heon) returns to South Korea as a successful artist. He went back to the town he lived in, where he encountered his old friend, Han Tae-Seok (Won Bin), who stays at the hotel where Eun-Seo (Song Hye Kyo) works as a telephone receptionist. Tae-Seok (who doesn't know about the entire brother and sister mixup that happened earlier) fell in love with Eun-Seo and played games with her until she was fired from her job. One day Eun-Seo saw Joon-Seo and followed him to the beach where he was with Yoo-Mi (his fiancée) and Tae-Seok and the two "siblings" finally meet after ten years.






Eun-Seo and Joon-Seo pretend to have a sibling relationship in front of the others, but they meet each other secretly and become deeply in love, though she always refers to him as "brother." Shin-Ae (Han Chae Young) finds out about their relationship and exposes the two after she found a love letter Eun-Seo had written to Joon-Seo. The two decide to stay together, but are soon forced apart again because their parents are against the union, and Yoo-Mi hurts herself and threatens suicide to hang onto Joon-Seo.

As a fight between Joon-Seo and Tae-Seok grows over their professed love for Eun-Seo, she discovers she has leukemia (the same illness that took her biological father's life). She didn't tell anyone except Tae-Seok, who offers to pay for her treatment. When she takes a turn for the worse, the others start finding out. When it was clear that there was no hope, Joon-Seo finds out and takes her home so she can spend her last days with him. At this point, Yoo-Mi finally leaves him. Eun-Seo dies as Joon-Seo was carrying her around the beach where they spent her birthday as teenagers.




Before Eun-Seo died, she told Joon-Seo not to follow her in death, and to continue living. However, Joon-Seo, dazed and grief-stricken by the death of his lover and "sister", is struck by a truck in the same place as Eun-Seo's accident and presumably dies.





Besides the good looking actors and pretty actresses, beautiful scenaries in this TV series, they are also many beautiful songs. After this TV series has released, it made a big heat of the Korean TV series and many people are starting to like Korean series and actors/ actresses and music. I am also one of them! :P

I like the beautiful songs of "Autumn in My Heart" very much as all the music is very beautiful ballade, esp. the main theme, called ' Romance'. The 13-track soundtrack for Autumn in My Heart includes Jung Il-Young's heartfelt ballads "Reason", "Prayer", and "In My Dream", as well as the main flute theme and the guitar and piano versions of some of the songs. "Romance", also known as "Forbidden Love" is the classic piece used for this soundtrack. It comes from a famous work of unknown authorship "Spanish Romance".

If you would like to watch this TV series, please click on Autumn in My Heart.

Enjoy watching! :)

10 comments:

  1. After watching the drama Autumn in My Heart I am almost become numbed and Song Hye Kyo as Eun Suh's characterization with the most close to the reality has had made tremendous impact on my Heart that i confess i cried for two days for Eun Suh for Song Hye Kyo. Its heavily and painful how Song Hye Kyo, she melt herself into the storyline along with everyone (every single characters) were such a unique way presented that it was truly difficult to separate me and my sensitivity it took my heart out almost breathless for SONG HYE KYO. I felt to call her I wish I had her telephone no. I called my family in BANGLADESH and was telling about the story of Eun Suh but I have frequently burst out in cries that I couldn't finish it completely. I wish if Song Hye Kyo is reading my comments and let me have her words. I wish if someone help me to reach to her by email I will be so grateful to her. Best regards, ALAM (my email: alamm_jahangir2002@yahoo.com / livingzone2004@gmail.com) and my cell phone: +971506159385. I live and work in Abu Dhabi, UAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, my correct email address will be: alam_jahangir2002@yahoo.com /or/ livingzone2004@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alam! nice meeting you and thank you for visiting my blog. Well, here is the link for the official website of the actress Song Hye Kyo, http://www.songhyekyo.co.kr/ I think you may send her email since you are her fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear MapleLeaf, it's so nice to hear a response that beats my heart because i found you same as me what you made of with the sentiments (just a guess, don't know how much I am right). Thank you for providing me the link and I will definitely try to write her. I also want to thank you for giving me a chance to write in your blog. Please be in touch. If I may have your email address please. Best regards, alam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alam! No mention for the link and hope u would like it. Well, you are always welcome to leave your message to me in my blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Maple, I am still trying to find email address for Song Hye Kyo but the link you provided there is no email account.I wish someone will help me a way out to reach her by email or a mailing address of her in Korea... I truly will be very grateful. Best regards, Alam (email: alam_jahangir2002@yahoo.com. Maple, you have been so kind to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Maple, are you okay? I didn't hear from you since couple of days. I hope you are okay. Please let me know how have you been? Take care, Alam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alam! Sorry to inform that I do not have the email add of Song Hye Kyo for you. Maybe you could search via google to look for it. If I find it next time, sure will let you know. Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  9. why cant joon suhs family help support eunsuh after leaving the for the states ie. help her continue her eduction..etc. i believe ive heard this sentiment before on other foreign dramas. is it cultural?

    ReplyDelete
  10. maybe you could say that it is the typical style of Korean drama story! :P

    ReplyDelete